Cikatris Crushes Through Keytar Punk

The neighbor downstairs likes to blast a lot of trendy, terrible music. I ask her once a week to turn it down, and it makes me feel way older than I am. Today, I won. I got to blast Cikatris as loud as humanly possible, shaking my cat’s sleeping box (she sleeps under my desk) and vibrating through the floor with a sub-woofer that made my neighbor ask me to turn down the music. I said no, and slammed the door in her face. That’s what she gets right?!? I felt bad. But the point of this story is simple, this band rocks hard and they take no prisoners with their music.

The band has a way of mixing noise, punk, and pop sensibilities to create a serious garage punk style that you are not going to find with many bands. As you listen to their latest double 7” record, you are completely enthralled with the silky smooth vocals and frenetic pacing of the guitar, drums, and bass. Oh, let’s not forget the keytar which is used prominently here. The record pushes through a lot of great nose and fuzz on the way to delivering a truly unique experience.

I’m not sure what track is my favorite, because they all blend in to make this album a unique experience in punk and noise. It’s really a good stylistic approach to what they call “avant-garde keytar-punk”, and it works. Straight out of Sweden, they find a way to completely compel me to listen again and again, even though I don’t know what they are saying. I love it. I think that more bands should be this experimental and focused all in the same. You are not going to find a track you don’t like on this epic release.

I love it. These punks are going far, and they are coming to the states to play, so make sure that you see them when they hit the streets. You’ll love them, I love them, it’s so cool. This is art, this is punk, this is core.

Listen to this and more via the official bandcamp page here.

Support the band as they tour too, they will hit these spots, so mark your calendar now!

March 14 - Origami (Los Angeles CA)
March 15 - Trunk Space (Phoenix AZ)
March 16 - Early Show at Mother of Pearl (El Paso TX)
March 16 - Monarch (El Paso TX)
March 17 - El Cosmico (Marfa TX)
March 19 - SXSW Official Showcase at BD Riley’s (Austin TX)
March 21 - SXSW Official Showcase at 720 Club (Austin TX)
March 22 - The Tannex (Albuquerque NM)
March 25 - Strangers (El Centro CA)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2KX Create A Lavish Musical Framework Beyond Comparison

In Isolation Paints An Incredible Post Punk Portrait with Tears

SweetEve Bring On A Rocking Sound Worth Your Time