Friday, July 28, 2017

Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1 Review

Dropkick Murphys - Singles Collection Volume 1
Ah, the year was 2000, and while a lot of my friends were getting deep into new metal and other heavy forms of music, I was listening to punk rock and hardcore that was not on the radio. That’s why I picked up this record, Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1. This is a record that came out right after “The Gang’s All Here”, and it’s one of the finer offerings that the band has put out. But before you groan about the fact that this is a collection and not an original release, consider that the tracks on this record were previously unreleased in CD format.

If you wanted to listen to the tracks found on Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1, you would have to have been a vinyl record collector. I didn’t know a lot of people that did this when I was younger. I didn’t start collecting 7 inch records or any vinyl until I was out of college in 2007. Then I stopped in 2015 after I needed money. I also sold a lot of records in 2011 before I got divorced, as I needed money to fly out of the state I was in.

As far as Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1, this record is a great collection of EP tracks, singles, and other songs that were released as part of the discography of the band up to 2000. Unless you had the “Ducky Boys” split, the “Anti-Heros” split, and the live records that the band had put out for their fans and previously unreleased tracks, you didn’t hear these, or didn’t have them. These were not put out on the records themselves, so you’ll enjoy the fact that the band was able to put on a showcase of their best work from their vinyl records, etc.

Some of these tracks you’ve already heard, since they are singles, including “Barroom Hero” which opens up the record. However, you’re going to get a ton of live tracks including “Do or Die”, “Never Alone”, “Boys On The Docks”, and “Ive Had Enough” featuring Jack Kelly of Slapshot. You also get “White Riot” live with Joe Strummer and Mick Jones of the Clash!

There are 24 songs on this compilation, and it highlights a lot of the early work from the Dropkick Murphys. Clocking in around an hour, you’re going to find that the Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1 disc from Hellcat Records is a fine addition to your collection. If you already have all of the split vinyl editions of these, don’t buy this. But if you haven’t heard the live tracks, or want to complete your disc collection, or downloads, this is well worth your time.

I give Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1 a 4 out of 5 stars.


You can download/descargar Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1 by clicking here.

Do you own Dropkick Murphys Singles Collection Volume 1 or listen to it on a regular? Drop me a line and let me know what your favorite tracks are from this classic collection of Dropkick Murphys tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...